30 June 2008

18 Months!

Isobel will be 18 months old on Wednesday! Today we had our well baby check, though Isobel is more and more of a big girl every day. She tipped the scales at 22 lbs and 31.5 inches. She also did so well with the vaccinations she received today. So well that I am on the hunt for the perfect baby doll (so please give me a shout if you have a good recommendation).

Words we learned this week include Amen and share. Two good words to know! Isobel's great grandparents gave her a doll that says it's prayers, and she has been walking around the house squeezing this doll saying, "ah-mi! ah-mi!" for the past few days. It took me a few times to realize she was saying Amen!

This is how Isobel naps these days:
napping with daddy
Excuse the fruit leather around her face, apparently my days of teaching daycare didn't give me enough practice wiping faces clean ;)

My friend made the doll for her, and we are sure glad we have it. Today Isobel wanted to watch her Daddy movie and snuggled her daddy doll before going down for a nap. We are really missing Daddy, but it's nice to hear his voice every few days.

3 comments:

Cel said...

oh my gosh, she is so adorable. Is it wierd I'm getting all teary eyed looking at her picture with her daddy. I wish you the deployment goes by quickly! Many hugs :)
Celina

lisa said...

Oh Cel It's not weird at all. I am so thankful that you could make that for her! I wish you all the best with your move. Please make sure to keep in touch!

Jen Shull said...

Iso weighs 22lbs? Jack is a HAUS...he was 23lbs 5oz last week at the Doc and he is only 11 months old today! How did Mike and I have SUCH a BIG boy?? Your petite peanut is beautiful! I miss you guys SO much and I WILL call....SOON...I promise! Kisses to Iso and a big hug for you, too!