13 September 2008

lake girls

100_5310


if you've been checking my flickr, you know that I'm alive. We were on the mainland for almost six weeks, and came home to Oahu and a dead hard drive. So my PSA for today is BACKUP you stuff. I lost lots of pictures of Brady and of me pregnant (you could read this as me pleading for you to send me any pictures you may have of Brady dog, Dave, Me, or anything else you may think we need). Thankfully I have most Isobel pictures online (so now comes the lovely task of downloading all my stuff, talk about time consuming).

Now to the picture. Isobel went on her first camping trip while we were in Michigan. She LOVED it. Seriously. She did great. I had to drag her out of Higgins Lake kicking and screaming. She loved it, and we haven't had a "bath" situation since. Thank goodness! Now that we are home, bath time has become a peaceful time for the two of us. She loves to play in the water (and seriously the only things in the tub with her are two measuring cups and a toy duck), and I love not chasing her around the house. I have MANY more pictures from our trip on my flickr. Go check it out.

I seriously just plugged my computer in 20 minutes before writing this, so look for more pictures to come as I finish uploading pictures from my camera and the CDs my dad burned for me before I left. I also have a treat for you :) Isobel's first picture. Some of you may have been sent a "picture mail" from Dave when Iso was first born, but those pictures have always been stuck on my camera phone. Now that I have my fancy new phone I had Sprint transfer the pictures to my new phone, and I am so excited to finally be able to get a real print of Isobel's first picture!

Dave is almost to the halfway point. I know he really appreciates all of your letters, emails and packages, so keep them coming! Speaking of pictures for you all, I have some great pictures of Dave, that I can't wait to post.

Well, I need to get some sleep. I hope this finds you all well. Sorry it has been so long since we checked in.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Good to be home, but so bittersweet, right? Thanks for the PSA. Everyone needs reminding. I bought a 1TB external and have yet to put a single picture on it. I seriously think Jessica is a synonym for procrastination! Thanks for the invite, I have never been to Hawaii......