22 September 2008

thoughts on dave


So this week is halfway. Really and truly. I sent Dave his halfway box today, so I hope he enjoys it :) When I first saw the pic here, I thought Dave was trying to give himself an afro (would you be shocked if he was, I wouldn't). But then I realized he was just scribbling stuff out so I could post this for you. He's doing well. Isobel and I got to Skype with him this week. So now every time she walks by the computer she reaches up, "'puter? Da? up? Da?" Oh my, it's heartbreaking. I think she's convinced Dave is IN the computer. He looked good though, and I must admit that the mustache wasn't as bad as I expected. And his hair is finally growing back, woohoo! On a Dave note, I took this
my 1st baby picture of Brady for him. Brady dog was extra thrilled with me this evening. I finally decided to start running again (I know, I know, it's been 2 years since I ran). All the walking we do has certainly helped though, because I was able to run a mile straight. This is no small feat for me, that's what I was doing before I had Isobel AND tonight I was pushing the jogger and corralling the dog. My goal is to be able to do a 5k with Dave when he gets back. Mind you he will be pushing the jogger, holding the leash and maybe I'll make him sing to me just so I can keep up ;) So it's up to you to keep me accountable for this goal. The plan is to run 3 times a week. We already walk 3-5 miles 5 days a week, so I hope it doesn't take too long to get to my goal.

Since my last post I got a call that Isobel's name came up on the wait list for the part day childcare program on base. We dropped in last week to check out the class and Isobel fell in love when they brought the bubbles out. The program is T/TH mornings and I am really excited about the prospect of having 6 hours a week to myself. Tuesdays I go to yoga and I am hoping to get my instructor to start a class on Thursdays too, but if not I guess I'll just hang solo at the house and work on my craftiness. Another benefit is that I can run errands without her. Did you know that the post office takes only a few minutes without a toddler in tow? My friend has started calling these types of errands 5/30 errands. They should take only 5 minutes, but end up taking 30 minutes when you have to drag your kids in and out of the car.

Isobel is trying to sleep in my lap, and it's 11:30 here, so I'll be going now...

No comments: